by J.M. Zuniga
Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller
When infatuation turns into obsession…no one is safe. For the
past few months, an admirer has been showering Gwyneth with
unexpected gifts. At first, she is flattered, but when the gifts turn
into more than just tokens of affection, she reaches out to the
police. With Detective Aaron Tate leading the investigation and
keeping a close eye on Gwyneth, she begins to feel safe and more
relaxed—that is until things go from being creepy to downright
dangerous. With her life in peril, Gwyneth becomes her own
protector. However, will that be enough to keep her safe?
J. M. Zuniga has been passionate about reading since childhood, but it wasn’t until one of her college English professors suggested J. M. write a book that the seed of writing was sown. Even then, it took J. M. another year before she actually decided to give it a try. Inspired by the surge of YA novels proliferating the book market, J. M. decided to choose that genre for her first project, Winter Rayne, which was published three and a half years later in August of 2013. During a break from writing Winter Rayne, J. M. began to write The Diamond Mini-Series, a dystopian mini- series of two novelettes and one novella. The Diamond Mini-Series was first published individually, in e-book format, with the following titles: Under Ground (May 2012), The Core (July 2012), and Ransom (November 2012). Subsequently, they were all three published in a print book titled TDMS Collection (2013). J. M. has two award winning poems. Her First Place “Untitled” poem was published in Voices of Compton: Compton Literary/Arts Journal 2008-2009. Her poem “The Importance of Love” won a Third Place Virtual Ribbon for Romantic Poetry in July 2011 on Writing.com.
J. M. resides in Long Beach, California, is a dedicated mother of three and works as a Traveling Teacher. It is her family and best friends that inspire her to continue writing and dreaming. Most of the time when she is not writing, reading, teaching, or spending time with her family, J. M. can be found watching a wide variety of movies. She’s not sure which is larger, her collection of books or her collection of movies.
Author Media Links:
25 Fun Facts About Author J. M. Zuniga
- I am quite shy, at first. Once I feel comfortable with someone, I am very silly.
- I have 3 amazing children (ages 20, 18, &6). I keep going because of them.
- I’m a nerd. I love learning & school.
- I could read and do math at a high school level when I was in second grade. (a modern school would have put me in an accelerated program.)
- I skipped the 5th grade. (I didn’t skip farther because the school thought I was “too young”)
- I was a cheerleader in Jr. High. (Kind of scary when you think about it. Refer to Fact 1.)
- I used to play the flute, but don’t ask me to play now. Your ears will thank you.
- I love to sing, but I can’t carry a tune.
- I love to dance although I am highly uncoordinated.
- I am a DIY gal when it comes to fixing things at home.
- I cringe at the sound of cardboard scraping together. **shudders**
- I have a super sensitive nose. (Note: not always good)
- My favorite color is reddish-black.
- I moved to Mexico at age 20 and taught English courses to high level executives.
- I taught English to the children of one of the ex-governors of Santiago de Queretaro, Queretaro, Mexico.
- I met my best friend in the checkout lane at Borders after a New Moon DVD release.
- When I write, I often make the facial expressions I am writing about. It used to freak my kids out. Now they just say, “Oh, you’re writing.”
- I’ve cried on numerous occasions while writing.
- I am an award-winning poet. One of my poems is published in a college literary arts journal.
- I have certificates in Architectural Drafting, Engineering Drafting, and Computer Aided Drafting, so I can draw you a house or a machine part on the computer.
- I have an Associate’s in Science degree in Computer Aided Drafting &Design. I can draw 3-D stuff.
- I also have an Associate’s in Arts in General Studies. (Unsure of what to do with it.)
- I earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in International Business, emphasis in Latin America. (yeah, that’s a mouthful.)
- I once started a CADD business.
- I love ice cream, even if it is freezing. Mint & chip is my favorite flavor.