#OnTour with #GreatEscapesBookTours
#Spotlight Long Island Iced Tina (A Catering Hall Mystery) by Maria DiRico
Long Island Iced Tina (A Catering Hall Mystery)
by Maria DiRico
About Long Island Iced Tina
Long Island Iced Tina (A Catering Hall Mystery)
2nd in Series
Publisher: Kensington (February 23, 2021)
Mass Market Paperback: 288 pages
Digital ASIN: B089NCJ9NS
Mia Carina is back in the borough of Queens—in charge of the family catering hall, Belle View Banquet Manor, and keeping her nonna company. But some events—like murder—are not the kind you can schedule . . .
Mia’s newly pregnant friend Nicole plans to hold a shower at Belle View—but Nicole also has to attend one that her competitive (and mysteriously rich) stepmother, Tina, is throwing at the fanciest place in Queens. It’s a good chance for Mia to snoop on a competitor, especially since doing a search for “how to run a catering hall” can get you only so far.
Mia tags along at the lavish party, but the ambience suffers at Nicole’s Belle View shower when a fight breaks out—and then, oddly, a long-missing and valuable stolen painting is unwrapped by the mom-to-be. Tina is clearly shocked to see it. But not as shocked as Mia is when, soon afterward, she spots the lifeless body of a party guest floating in the marina . . .
Italian recipes included!
Speaking of recipes I have one to share with you below:
Easiest Lasagna Ever
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- A box of no-boil lasagna noodles (you won’t use it up)
- 1-2 containers of 2% (part-skim) ricotta cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 2 jars of your favorite tomato sauce (mine is any from Trader Joes!)
- Heat up the two cloves of garlic in some olive oil, and then add a pound of ground turkey.
- Cook the turkey through, and then add a jar of TJ Organic Basil Marinara Sauce (or the sauce of your choice).
- Simmer for ten minutes on low heat.
- In an 8-x-8-inch—or bigger, if you think you’ve got too much turkey—glass or metal pan, put down a layer of sauce, and then add a layer of the no-boil lasagna noodles.
- Top the lasagna noodles with another layer of sauce, and then cover with some of the mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta. Sprinkle some of the herbs over this.
- Keep layering pasta, sauce, cheese, and herbs until you fill the pan. The final layer can be pasta covered with sauce. And cover the pasta thoroughly so that the sauce softens the pasta.
- (NOTE: I try to make my lasagna the night or morning before I’m serving it so that the lasagna pasta gets thoroughly softened. I find if you don’t do that, the pasta can get hard and not cook thoroughly.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about a half hour or an hour, depending on the lasagna size. Since the meat is cooked, what you’re doing is cooking the noodles through and melting the cheese. Determine this by sticking a knife in the center and seeing if it comes out hot. If it pulls out some stringy cheese, you’re in good shape. Then, mangia!
About Maria DiRico
Maria DiRico is the pseudonym for Ellen Byron, author of the award winning, USA Today bestselling Cajun Country Mysteries. Born in Queens, New York, she is first-generation Italian-American on her mother’s side and the granddaughter of a low-level Jewish mobster on her father’s side. She grew up visiting the Astoria Manor and Grand Bay Marina catering halls, which were run by her Italian mother’s family in Queens and have become the inspiration for her Catering Hall Mystery Series. DiRico has been a writer-producer for hit television series like Wings and Just Shoot Me, and her first play, Graceland, appears in the Best Short Plays collection. She’s a freelance journalist, with over 200 articles published in national magazines, and previously worked as a cater-waiter for Martha Stewart, a credit she never tires of sharing. A native New Yorker who attended Tulane University, Ellen lives in Los Angeles with her husband, daughter, and two rescue dogs.
Website – https://www.ellenbyron.com/catering-hall-mysteries
Chicks on the Case – http://chicksonthecase.net/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/CateringHallMysteries/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/ellenbyronla
March 1 – Baroness Book Trove – REVIEW
March 1 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT
March 1 – Novel Alive – SPOTLIGHT
March 2 – Cozy Up With Kathy – REVIEW, AUTHOR INTERVIEW
March 2 – Brooke Blogs – SPOTLIGHT
March 2 – Brianne’s Book Reviews – REVIEW
March 3 – My Reading Journeys – REVIEW, EXCERPT
March 3 – This Is My Truth Now – REVIEW, RECIPE
March 3 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
March 4 – I’m All About Books – SPOTLIGHT
March 4 – ebook addicts – SPOTLIGHT, RECIPE
March 5 – Christy’s Cozy Corners – GUEST POST
March 5 – Read Your Writes Book Reviews – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
March 5 – Cassidy’s Bookshelves – SPOTLIGHT
March 6 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT, RECIPE
March 6 – Mystery Thrillers and Romantic Suspense Reviews – SPOTLIGHT, EXCERPT
March 7 – Rosepoint Publishing – REVIEW
March 7 – StoreyBook Reviews – SPOTLIGHT, RECIPE
March 7 – I Read What You Write – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
March 8 – Books a Plenty Book Reviews – REVIEW
March 8 – Literary Gold – CHARACTER GUEST POST
March 9 – Reading, Writing & Stitch-Metic – SPOTLIGHT, EXCERPT
March 9 – Novels Alive – REVIEW
March 9 – Maureen’s Musings – SPOTLIGHT
March 10 – Socrates Book Reviews – REVIEW
March 10 – Author Elena Taylor’s Blog – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
March 10 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW
March 10 – Island Confidential – SPOTLIGHT
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?