Valentine Countdown with @Lovingthebook
Day 8 – The Promise by Jean Oram
Jean Oram grew up in an old schoolhouse in a Canadian town, population 100 (cats and dogs not included). She is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author of feel-good, tingle-inducing, heartwarming romances.
Jean lives in Canada with her husband, two kids, cat, dog, and the pesky deer that wander into her yard to eat her rose bushes and apple trees. She can often be found outdoors or reading a book. (And of course at her laptop writing your next irresistible read!)
Follow Jean on social media www.instagram.com/jeanoram_author or subscribe to her newsletter: www.JeanOram.com/FREEBOOK.”
Devon Mattson has never been as captivated as he is by Olivia. She’s smart, witty and rich. But above all is the fact that even though they come from different worlds she understands him, his small town charm and his need for speed.
He knows that to be together they’ll both have to give up a lot, but he’s promised to always be there for her. Now, in college, and afterward too. Forever.
Olivia Carrington has never felt more alive than when she’s with Devon. She no longer feels the suffocating weight of expectations—just the freedom and support to follow her secret dreams and to become the person she’s always been afraid to be.
But when reality comes knocking their dream world begins to collapse. Will these two young lovers find their way back to each other or will their hearts become shattered beyond repair?
Fall in love with this prequel novella–a bonus companion story for Devon and Olivia’s novel The Surprise Wedding–about opposites attracting. Grab your tissues and start reading today!
This book is FREE today on Amazon
Ten Fun Facts about Jean Oram
1. I grew up in an old schoolhouse.
2. My first job off of the farm I grew up on was teaching skiing in the Canadian Rockies.
3. I used to be a librarian.
4. As a teenager I changed the brakes in my car on my own. (Before YouTube was a thing!)
5. I find most fruit pies too sweet.
6. I learned to play golf last summer.
7. I love romantic comedies and am cool watching movies in the theatre alone. (Although I don’t really have time to do that these days because I’m busy writing my own romances!)
8. The spacebar on my computer is stickingandI tried to fix it today and that justmadeit worse.
9. I love to travel.
10. Lately I’ve been trying to do things outside of my comfort zone and it’s been pretty good!