Born in small-town Texas, Cara Carnes was a princess, a pirate, fashion model, actress, rock star and Jon Bon Jovi’s wife all before the age of 13.In reality, her fascination for enthralling worlds took seed somewhere amidst a somewhat dull day job and a wonderful life filled with family and friends. When she’s not cemented to her chair, Cara loves travelling, photography and reading.
15 Fun/Wacky Facts about Cara, Cara’s Worlds and Her Writing
- Witch’s Concubine is the first book in a new series titled Hexed.
- The second book features Macy’s BFF, Sarah. She’s a water witch with a huge problem—she suffers from aquaphobia.
- Almost every book I’ve written has a scene around or in water. This wasn’t done intentionally—it’s sort of evolved organically and was actually noticed by a very astute fan, who found it very interesting and asked why.
- If you’re reading The Rending series—a paranormal/sci-fi/urban fantasy style dystopian—did you know there’s a website? Check out www.therendingseries.com for the latest information.
- In the next month, I’m beginning a free read from The Rending series. It will be going out in chapters through her newsletter.
- If you want the absolute latest and the first crack at free reads, etc, join my Facebook group, Cara’s Cohorts.
- I’m a plotter. If I create a world, I won’t write in that world until I’ve got enough conflict and plot threads to sustain at least the first three books.
- I’m addicted to post-it notes, which is probably why I do story boards for every book—even the short ones. It’s an excuse to play with sticky notes and colored sharpies. ☺
- There’s no real writing ritual when I write, but there’d better be caffeine involved.
- In the Rending series, the sectors (Hell’s Highway, Hell’s Playground, etc) were assigned by using the Interstate system. And there’s a map ☺. Redemption is an area in the Dallas area where I-35 bubbles into two different sections. The area in the middle is Redemption in The Rending Series.
- Phoenix Rising was my first delve into NA. I personally loved writing paranormal NA. I’ve written two books in the Phoenix series and plan to conclude book three in the next few months.
- I have 6 established worlds in paranormal and futuristic/sci-fi I haven’t written in yet. I’m planning to roll out a new one in 2016.
- I grew up reading Zebra Historicals but haven’t actually written a historical romance. While I love, love, love them I find myself more drawn to paranormal, sci-fi and contemporary romance genres.
- One of the first paranormal authors I met that I absolutely loved her writing was Sherilyn Kenyon. It was at an RWA conference and I had to be cool and not go all fangirl on her because she I met her through a mutual friend. We had a meal together and I swear it was probably one of the only times I wasn’t paying attention to my food. LOL
- I’m addicted to sunflower seeds. When stressed while writing, I must have them around.