The Gangster’s Woman
Love is a Dangerous Thing 2
by Ginger Ring
Genre: Historical Romance
Now that prohibition was over, FBI agent Michael Flynn hoped to enjoy the quiet life and a chance to finally concentrate on finding his best friend’s sister. He’d been in love with her since he first laid eyes on her picture. Unfortunately, the more he searched the more he realized she wasn’t just missing. Eryn was hiding from one of the most notorious gangsters around. One who wouldn’t rest until he knew she was dead.
Eryn O’Malley had been moving around for years, doing whatever legal, or illegal job she could find to survive. No time for romance or a normal life. A one night stand with a handsome man at the county fair seemed like just the ticket to escape for a moment from her troubled life. However, finding out he was a G-man wasn’t part of the plan. Now he was on her trail. Whether to arrest or rescue her, she wasn’t sure, and she couldn’t wait around to find out. If he caught her, would he forgive her checkered past or would he always think of her as the gangster’s woman?
I enjoyed this book much more than the first, I loved the whole Gangster and 1930’s theme of the first one but this one has much less action. It was a nicer pace than book 1.
Michael is still searching for his best friends sister who he fell in love with after only seeing her picture from book 1, fearing that she may a lost cause he cant believe his eyes when he meets her at a fair when investing a shoot out that is suspected to be the work of Dillingers gang.
Eryn has been on the run for years and protecting her daughter. She has been doing what she can to make ends meet and provide for family – some not so legal.
This is a romance with gangsters thrown into the mix. a great read!
The characters and time that this story take place are well executed and I cant wait to read more from Ginger Ring.
30 fun facts about Ginger Ring
1. I am a real redhead.
2. I’m a big fan of the Green Bay Packers but I’ve never attended a game.
3. I love nuts but am deadly allergic to Brazil nuts.
4. I hate snakes but not spiders.
5. My favorite movie of all time is The Godfather.
6. I got the idea to write The Gangster’s Kiss while watching the movieLawless.
7. The character of Grace is named after my grandmother. She never learned to drive a car and always wore a dress.
8. I visited both Al Capone’s home and the caves that are featured in the book.
9. The scene in which John teaches Grace to drive was inspired by the bike scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.
10. The first romance I ever remember reading is for Ashes in the Wind by Kathleen Woodiwiss.
11. My favorite book of all time is Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer.
12. Some of the characters in my books have been named after coworkers that wanted to be in the story.
13. My favorite candy is salted dark chocolate caramels.
14. I am very shy in person. Very shy!
15. I am horrible at spelling and grammar.
16. I am a big fan of The Walking Dead.
17. I love to be out on the water but I can’t swim.
18. I am from Wisconsin and I love cheese.
19. I love to cook but rarely have time to.
20. I am a huge fan a history and stop at all the historical markers and sites.
21. If The Gangster’s Kiss was made into a movie, I would love to see Andrew Lincoln (Rick from The Walking Dead) play the villain, Edward Killian.
22. My muse for the character John was model/soccer player Lance Parker.
23. I pick certain music to listen to while writing a book. I only listen to that list as it keeps me in the mood/genre for that story.
24. I have written erotica, contemporary, historical, and I am currently writing a paranormal.
25. I can’t decide which genre I like best so I want to write them all.
26. Some scenes in the movie Public Enemies, starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale, were filmed at Little Bohemia, one of the places featured inThe Gangster’s Woman.
27. I pictured a redheaded Emma Stone when writing about Eryn O’Malley.
28. Scott King is the cover model for The Gangster’s Woman and he sent me a few messages while they were doing the shoot.
29. There will be another book in this trilogy and it will be titled The Gangster’s Hand.
Ginger Ring is an eclectic, Midwestern girl with a weakness for cheese, dark chocolate, and the Green Bay Packers. She loves reading, playing with her cats, watching great movies, and has a quirky sense of humor. Publishing a book has been a lifelong dream of hers and she is excited to share her romantic stories with you. Her heroines are classy, sassy and in search of love and adventure. When Ginger isn’t tracking down old gangster haunts or stopping at historical landmarks, you can find her on the backwaters of the Mississippi River fishing with her husband.